Note It is recommended that you get a 32 bit python even if you have a 64 bit system. This is because official numpy and scipy packages are available only in 32 bit, which will disagree with a 64 bit python. If you do want to use 64 bit python, you are welcome to try the unofficial numpy, scipy and opencv packages found here
- Download and install python 2.7.3 (win32) For further reference, consult the python installation documentation.
- Download and install numpy
- Download and install scipy For further reference, see the numpy/scipy installation on Windows overview
- Download and install opencv – When prompted to select the location where you want opencv installed, change the directory to
- For further reference, see the opencv installation on Windows overview
- Once the install is complete, navigate to:
- Copy the file
cv2.pydand paste it into
- Verify your install. Run Python(command line) from the start menu, and type in:
import numpy import scipy import cv2 numpy.__version__ scipy.__version__ cv2.__version__
(note the double underscores) If this code executes without errors, you are all set!